Reciprocating Technology Services (RTS) is looking to add an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer who will be a key Subject Matter Expert for Reciprocating Engines and Compressors.
The candidate will have at least 7 year’s experience working with this type of equipment at an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), gas compression pipeline company, or a services / repair company.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Project management for overhaul and upgrade projects
- Data analysis
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting
- Compressor and engine analysis / balancing
- QA/QC of repairs and of new parts
- Vendor management and qualification
- Report generation
- Sales support including liaison duties between client, operations and management.
- Delivering high quality service and customer satisfaction, as well as, working well with the team and providing support as per the project’s requirements.
- The ability to make and coordinate changes as needed.
- Using correct safety procedures within the facility in the operations of oil/gas or power plant equipment.
This position requires initiative, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, ability to manage internal and external relationships, and superb communication skills. This is an ideal position for a smart, motivated individual who is passionate about rotating equipment and working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Skills and Experience
- Expertise in Slow Speed Reciprocating Engines and Compressors
- Possess technical expertise with reciprocating engines and compressors in the form of mechanical maintenance, operations, engine balancing, and troubleshooting
- BSME or equivalent experience.
- Provide site installation support and issue resolution, including interface with site and OEM engineering teams
- Provide customer support and resolution of technical issues including troubleshooting, field commissioning and start-up
Desired but not required:
- Prior experience with Cooper Bessemer, Enterprise, Clark, Ingersoll and Dresser Rand engines and compressors.
- Experience with Windrock Analyzer equipment
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
- Drive and work in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the company.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Get to know RTS...
Innovative Technologies and Solutions for the Gas Compression & Power Industries
As an OEM alternative, we provide custom services that are backed by our experience and drive. Our team of engineers and field technicians specialize in innovative solutions that help our clients maintain, upgrade and enhance their compression and power generation assets.
Headquartered in Houston, TX, RTS is capable of an extraordinary range of projects including Overhauls and Repairs, New and Refurbished Parts, Upgrades, Controls and Control Panels, Performance and Mechanical Analysis. TTS is an integral part of the TTS Energy Services group.