Intermediate level position responsible for the operation and maintenance of compressor packages, gas process and power generation equipment. Manage teams of technicians working on a variety of services including repairs, overhauls, system upgrades and performance and mechanical optimization.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and perform critical repair, and overhaul projects of industrial reciprocating engines, compressors and all associated ancillary equipment.
- Ability to understand electronic controls methodology and backs troubleshooting requirements.
- Provide the technical troubleshooting skills to assure equipment performance, optimization and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of large or complex projects including parts, services and machining requirements.
- Maintain safe work processes for labor team on all assigned projects.
- Coordinate with management team, outside suppliers, and customer representatives assuring quality of project deliverables.
- Identify project milestones and critical path components to focus management attention and support.
- Define processes and develop control plans to keep projects on track and on budget.
- Provide training and technical guidance to mechanical team and subordinates.
- Provide office based technical assistance for RTS projects, including hardware review and selection.
- Learn more about the family of turbine system solutions and contribute in the application, maintenance and development of these systems.
- Review logic, functional diagrams and system designs.
- Provide support for RTS product sales efforts.
- Directs, coordinates, and performs the job activities in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Takes initiative and fulfills duties consistent with company standards, policies, and controllable expense budgets.
- Provides input to supervisor on personnel needed to provide timely and economical maintenance.
- Provides information to the supervisor for the preparation of the planning of the project’s budgets.
- Scrutinizes the job parts, tools and supply inventory to minimize investment while maintaining a sufficient level to insure proper job performance.
- Takes any corrective action to insure guaranteed operating efficiency of equipment.
- Ensures all personnel adhere to HSE protocols.
- Completes the proper reports and actions required by the project’s operating policies including the supervision of personnel.
- Provides 24/7 coverage.
- Works overtime and is available for on-call rotations. Overtime and on-call requirements include work
after regular work hours, weekends and holidays.
Required Skills or Tools
- Valid driver’s license.
- 3+ years compression process, production and equipment related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Customer service orientation.
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations.
- High school diploma or an equivalent.
- Possess thorough knowledge of compressor and power generation packages including all component and
- Experience working on integrals and Seperables (Cooper Bessemer, Clark, Ingersoll Rand and Enterprise).
- Knowledge and experience on compression, process and production equipment, as well as electrical
systems, including panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of high speed and low speed equipment.
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
- Drive and work in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the company.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
RTS is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate based on sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.